Sanborn Square In Boca Raton FL

Sanborn Square In Boca Raton, FL is the perfect destination for any outdoor enthusiast. This open air, public park is equipped with picnic tables, jungle gyms, restrooms and a community center. Being in Boca Raton, Florida it is surrounded by palm trees, making it seem as though there are no other people around even when the square’s location between Federal Highway and Palmetto Park Road make it busy at times.

Sanborn Square wasn’t always open to the public however; prior to 1928 Sanborn was just another privately owned residential neighborhood for wealthy residents of Boca Raton. For years the land remained this way until developer George Crocker purchased much of the land south of Palmetto Park Road in 1928 with intentions to develop retail on two separate properties that would later become Sanborn Square and the Boca Raton Town Hall. By 1930 these plans were scrapped due to the depression, but not for long. In fact only one year later, in 1931 construction of both buildings began simultaneously.

Sanborn Square opened to the public in 1931 and was donated to Boca Raton, along with some surrounding land that would later become the Boca Raton City Hall and a new post office.

Today Sanborn Square is open everyday from 6am until 10pm, free of charge, for all who are interested in checking it out!

 

Scroll To Top